Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Purpose No. 5 (Mission/Evangelism) - PART 3

Chapter 36-40 ( Mission / Evangelism )

I knew before I even read this part of the PDL book, these chapters will speak so true to me. "Mission - service to unbelievers of Christ Jesus."

It all tied back to these few years how God opened so many doors/ opportunities for me to have the heart to share God's good news to people in my workplace and the people around me.

"Telling others how they can have eternal life is the greatest thing you can do for them" (Chapter 36 page 283). I always believe that & I am willing to do it anytime. I really admired Rick Warren's late father (Page 287) - how in his dead bed, he still insisted to "Got to save one more for Jesus!" Oh Lord! I want to be like him too! To have the heart for lost people & the kind of faith he had in the Lord!

Yes, we might face many rejections from people now & then whenever we share about the good news in Christianity, but... we should never give up in sharing the gospel. Many times, I felt tired of doing it especially when my words just fall on hardened hearts of my friends. But, I knew God still want to use me & I am willing to do it for God and for the sake of the people around me. Because I want to see souls get saved! I just pray that the holy spirit will work through me. Please holy spirit... you must do something about it!! I know I should not depend on my strength but depend on your power and strength!

As for Chapter 37 (Page 290), "my life message include my testimonies. Testimonies how Christ has made a difference in my life." Well, I would love to share to you all the experiences I had with God if only you are willing to listen!!!

One morning(also during PDL campaign), this song titled " Won't You Lord"- the chorus of the song : "give us a heart of compassion, in a world without vision, we will make a difference, bringing hope to our land!" kept on ringing on my head. So, on a saturday night I was trying to remember how to sing the whole song correctly & was preparing to ask Pat/Jess the next day (Sunday) to clarify some parts of the tune of the song. The next day on Sunday, when Pastor Dorai was speaking on "Mission/Evengelism", they used this song as the main song for that sunday service!! And later Pastor Dorai shared some of his experiences & his thoughts about evangelism & I could relate so well with him! He has been my favourite speaker all these while. I was too excited to see how God shown himself to me through so many circumstances!!How can I fully describe it to you all, I wondered??

Page 293 - As Jeremiah has mentioned "Your message burns in my heart and bones, and I cannot keep silent." I just cannot keep silent about all the things God has done for me, especially, I want to tell those who still do not know about Christ Jesus! At the end of your life, the judgement day is between you and God. It is not about how other christians behaved etc (even though they have faults themselves) that is going to determine whether you will be saved and go to heaven or not. It is all about whether you have accepted Christ into your life? Repented from your sins & turned away from it? It is nothing to do with other christians. They are accountable themselves to God and YOU ARE ACCOUNTABLE TO GOD ON YOUR OWN.

I wish you well for those who have read my sharing/testimonies & I hope I can be of help to let you see this great & mighty God Amen!

Yours sincerely,
Madeline Yee (14 September 2005)

1 Comments:

Blogger CheaYee said...

thank u for the testimonies...

one more thing. This is the internet...so do be careful of what you reveal online (and if you do, make sure it is something you don't mind letting ppl know!)

Try to use pseudonyms (for your own safety) and don't reveal things that may endanger your own life and friends..(you can't be too careful these days).

and also enable the verification comment things (they even spam blog comments these days!)

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home