Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Purpose No.4 (Ministry) - PART 2

Chapter 29-35 (Purpose No. 4 :Ministry) - July 2005

I knew God has been shaping me for his ministry ( his service to believers of Christ Jesus) in the church. As I mentioned in my previous letter : one of the fear that I had in YAF (Young Adults Fellowship) was my direction after YAF. I didn't want to leave YAF since I have been in there for so long and yet I needed to leave when I am over 30 years old (you know lah... I was looking ahead first even though I not yet 30 years old). I began to ask myself where should I go? Go to Home Fellowship? No..because it is more for families. What about other fellowships? No also....Then, I started to look out for other kind of fellowships in my friend's church. But, after a while, I sensed that God was telling me if I were to go to other churches, I needed to start all over again from scratch. I sensed that God did not want me to hop around churches but... stay put in FGA for a purpose.

As all the above was happening, I was put to in charge of facilitating a group of people approaching their 30 in YAF by my leader. Of all the people, why put me in charge of this group? Why need to separate us? And how come the leaders suddenly thought of grouping this group of people out of a sudden? I wondered that time....

Later, I began to felt that God was really trying to use me to do something. Before I started facilitating this group, I also coincidentally met up with 3 different individuals within the same week (just 1 week before facilitation started). I did not purposely asked them out separately but suddenly they asked me out for a drink. These 3 different individuals were not attending any fellowships at the moment and they were approaching 30 / already in their 30s. All these things combined together, I knew God was really working things out.

By the time our group finished reading Chapter 29-35, we were supposed to be discussing about "Ministry" (Purpose No.4) in our discussion group on Saturday night 16 July 2005. And on that day afternoon, some of us were helping out with setting up our YAF ministry booth to prepare for Ministry Fair which would be on 17 July. So happened that Pastor Dennis came to our booth & chatted with us.

Of all the Pastors, he was the Pastor who came to our booth & chatted with us. And mind you, he was the exact Pastor that I needed to meet actually! He sat just right next to me and chatted with all of us on the table (God knew that if Pastor Dennis have not sat next to me.. I might not even had the chance to ask him things). I sensed that he might be the Pastor speaking the next day (Sunday) since he had not spoken during this PDL campaign so far. And I asked him whether he - the speaker for tomorrow? He said yes & I asked thim what topic he was going to speak on? He said topic on "Ministry".

I was wondering whether to ask him how come there is no fellowship for those in their 30s in our church? I grabbed the opportunity & asked him (despite I didn't want to let so many people hear me asking him this question). Pastor Dennis said there is!! I was quite surprised indeed why on earth... nobody knew about it?? He later explained that there was this new PDL group under Uncle Yew Chzon & Linda - leading a few of them in their 30s to 40s. But... it was a very new group & it was very low profile at the moment. Then I related to him about our YAF plan of facilitating a group consisted of those approaching 30s, which was actually under my facilitation at that moment. Then we chatted a bit about how we could combine together, meet up & come out with something & a new ministry. Yes!!! This was what on my mind ... a new ministry instead of under the umbrella of Home Fellowship (which I am sure that is also what God wanted). So, he said he would bring this matter to Pastor Andrew (our YAF pastor). In fact, he already had pre-arranged appointment with Pastor Andrew right on that day itself afterwards to discuss something! Oh that was greeaaat!!! PERRRFECT ARRANGEMENT OF GOD!!! (God was continuing to reveal himself to me by guiding me step by step to pave roads because he knew this was also my concern - concern of what will happen after PDL ended....)

Later on that day itself, I brought up this new Ministry thing to my group while we were discussing about topic on "Ministry". That was the RIGHT TIME to tell my members in my group since they NEVER KNEW the reasons why they has been put under my group instead of other groups. Well, God has planned everything all along & He was making things happenning...

Also, there were a few times when I was reading the PDL book, I really sensed how God was speaking to me. How He dealt with me in my personal walk, how He worked things out through the Holy Spirit in me & made me cried for 2 consecutive mornings when I woke up some time after midnight around 3 am or so :- as He made me realised many things & asked me to be more like christ. I also started to see God's vision for this new ministry/group and I discovered & realised many many things. Hmm..... seems that this time of the day is the best time God wanna teach me and speak to me??? One day, when I was reading the PDL book in the office, I just trembled as if God was really working something through me & wanted to use me. Never have I felt that way before...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home